North Country Cabin Cooking: 275 Quick & Easy Recipes Paperback – Illustrated, July 9, 2019
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Whether it’s a cabin in the woods, a cottage beside a lake, a popular resort, or a relaxing weekend at home, you want an escape from your busy life. Slow down and relax. Take in the beautiful surroundings. Simplify mealtime, and create more opportunity to enjoy life. North Country Cabin Cooking is a carefully crafted selection of recipes that are simple and delicious!
Inside You’ll Find:
- 275 savory, convenient recipes
- Make-ahead meals that minimize cooking time
- Enticing appetizers, salads, soups, and sandwiches
- Scrumptious main dishes, snacks, and desserts.
Make life a little easier with these weekend and vacation meals!
About the Author
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 sirloin tip breakfast steaks, sliced very thin
- French or sourdough bread
Combine butter, sauce, and green onion in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until onion is soft.
In a hot skillet, fry steaks for about 3 minutes (1½ minutes on each side). Dip bread and steak into sauce before making 1 open-faced sandwich. Cut into 3 equal portions.
* * *
- 1 cup diced or shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced stuffed olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet pickles (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 buns
Preheat oven to 250°.
Combine cheese and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly between 6 buns, and wrap each in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Make the filling at home, and transport it in an airtight container.
* * *
Relaxed Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (4-pound) rump roast or rolled chuck roast
- Vegetable oil
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
Preheat oven to 250°.
In an ovenproof pot, brown roast in oil on all sides. Dissolve bouillon in 2 cups boiling water; stir in soup mix. Pour over roast.
Cover roast, and bake about 3 hours, depending on desired doneness. Cool meat. Cut into thin slices, and return to juices in pot. (Be sure juices cover meat; add water, if necessary.) Let meat marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 days.
When ready to use, heat slowly over low heat. Serve in buns as open-faced sandwiches, with juices on the side.
Makes 10–12 servings.
- Publisher : Adventure Publications; 3rd edition (July 9, 2019)
- Language: : English
- Paperback : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1591939267
- ISBN-13 : 978-1591939269
- Item Weight : 12.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.5 x 7 inches